Friday, November 11, 2005

lanONE

Our LAN party prototype, which we have dubbed lanONE was a total success in every meaning of the word. We had so much fun we didn't want to leave once it was over. Nothing went wrong, and everyone had a great time. Everyone there even got some free games. Everyone got a copy of Quake4 and Cube, both games we played a great deal during the event. We also hit up the Halo pretty hard. Slayer, son. Slayer.

I'm impressed it went so well for something that wasn't supposed to happen at all. We were originally going to jam at the Otway FD, but Joe's parents killed it. I'm damn, damn glad they killed it too, because we wouldn't have had internet, and that would have destroyed the party. A nocd crack here, a keygen there, we would have been crippled without internet access.

I'm also glad we had a chance to try things out with a smaller number of people before we did the deed with upwards of eight. After four people the actual LAN aspect gets complicated, with multiple routers and such. We shouldn't have any problems, though. We'll get things going next weekend.

Speaking of next weekend, lanTWO is full steam ahead as far as I can tell. Joe said that he has the use of his kitchen on lockdown for next weekend, so we're good. Joe's kitchen is pretty damn big, so we should be able to get a lot of people in there. Physical should not be an issue, nor should internet, as Joe has Cable, just like Dustin and myself.

I took a lot of pictures during lanONE. If you want to see them you'd do well clicking the Flickr button at the bottom right of the page.

If you want more info on lanTWO, email me at donoteatmikezila@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home