Last Second Save
As of now, I think I'm passing all of my classes.
I was failing Creative Writing with a 61 yesterday, but all the missing tasks I turned in brought me up to a ~85. I was so elated when I saw the number, my mind didn't focus on it long enough for me to memorize it verbatim. This isn't the first time my grade in Creative Writing has jumped right before report cards. I think it has to do with all the extra things she finally gets around to putting in the gradebook that lessen the point value of the individual assignments. Good enough for me.
I have no clue what my actual average is in eComm, but it has to be at least four digits. I don't actually treat that class like work. I just go in there, sit down, and commence to screwing around on the internet for ninety minutes. Sure, I do the things she asks of us, but I'm so comfortable with using a computer that my mind doesn't quite equate them to work, and I end up finishing most things before I realize I've been working on them at all.
Latin III was a damn race today. A race. Today was "denari day", the day you use your earned credits to up the grades on assignments that you either didn't do or failed. I had 1d. There are people in my class with close to 500d. When it came my time to use my 1d to help my grade, Mr. Diaz revelated that I had about a 60, and that I was going to have to come up with at least three of those missing assignments to bring it up to a 70, either that, or cough up some d. My 1d wasn't going to change shit, so I set off to do so manually. I sat down and began to scribble the most nonsensical bullshit I've ever written. There are ancient Roman corpses spinning in graves like jet turbines, that's how bad I fucked up their language today. It didn't help my progress that I'm a natural slacker, and got into a bunch of side conversations with Levi about meat cars and the like. At one point we were laughing so hard at one point I think my heart stopped and my lungs turned to stone. I managed to get myself under control long enough to complete two assignments, and fine one more. After showing Mr. Diaz said assignments, my grade went up to a 69.9. That rounds up to a 70, bitches. Hell yes.
I have no idea what I have in English IV. I had a 68 once upon a time, but that was before I got a whole bunch of good grades on tests, our video project, and various other things, so that number is probably no longer a good frame of reference. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say about an 85, give or take about 5 points. I would be happy with that. Hell, I would be happy with anything. 10, 40, 100, whatever, it's fine with me. My parents would be happy with an 85, that's much more like it. Hopefully they'll be happy.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home