Monday, August 29, 2005

Remix

Okay, first things first.

I got a 94 on my first-day-of-school tests about the books we were supposed to read. 1984 and Tess. I'm not sure if you can hear my enthusiasm from the text on your monitor, but I didn't read either of those books. I read the notes for both of them, but I've never even seen a copy of either of them. This is remix of what happened the first day of English III. I didn't read the books, and my first day work was proclaimed the shizzim-shazzum. I'm not sure if this means I'm a good bullshiter, or just that I got a lot out of the notes. I really don't care, either. I got a 94 when I should have south of a 50. There are people in there that honest to God read both of the books and didn't get better than a 30. That's sad. I'm walking on air I'm so damn happy about this. w00t

My lunch table, as if my magical command from my last entry, has cleared of a great portion of the fuckheads I was unhappy sitting with. Unfortunately, Jared's class changed lunches as well, so I don't have him to talk to anymore. That pisses me off, because I haven't been able to talk to Jared in a long time. Every time I'm around him I can sort of tell he wants to break out and talk about video cards and games and computers, but he's knee deep in Indie musicians that think a PC is some kind of drug or some shit. We need a LAN party. We need one bad.
Mr. Diaz has started breaking it down hardcore about some Latin grammar and what have you. These aren't just things I don't quite remember, they're things I'm certain I never knew or speculated about. We're talking about things that real Latin-speaking people back in the day didn't even think about. I hope we hit one sweet spot in a lesson where a white aura emits from my brain and all becomes clear to me. That he'll revelate some forgotten fact that will trigger a head rush of information that give me the ability to read and write Latin like none who have come before or will follow after. I hope...
I brought my MuVo to school today, but I dropped it on the bus. I figured I had just left it at home, but Mrs. Connie asked the bus if someone had lost something, and I spoke up. I described the MuVo, and she handed it to me. Good deal. We aren't watching that music video anytime soon, by the way. She says we'll see it in a few weeks. Fair enough.
I have some English homework that I think I may do. I have to read maybe twenty pages. I don't have to write anything or do any work, just read them. I consider myself to have a great amount of innate luck on my side, but I also know that I shouldn't push it. My luck saved me on the first-day tests, but I don't want to rely on it for tomorrow's talk about this homework material.
I besta' get my read on. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home