Service Packs Akimbo
I'm hitting the "Windows Update" pretty hard right about now. This isn't really that big of a deal, but when you've got a non-kosher version of Windows on your computer, and downloading the wrong update could potentially render the whole deal useless, the experience can get pretty tense.
I've decided to go full bore, just letting Windows download whatever it wants. I'm not quite sure if this is a good thing or not, as the dreaded "Service Pack 2" is coming down the pipe right now. I've read in a few places that windows doesn't work without a legit CD key if you install SP2. I've also heard from my Uncle John, whom I trust, that he has done the operation on several "non-kosher" versions of WinXP with no problems. I'm giving it a whirl right now. Hell, if worse comes to worse I'll just trash the whole damn thing and install Linux; at least Linux works.
As you can probably tell, I'm not actually aiming anyplace with this entry, or at least not anyplace any of you want to see. Truth be told, I'm just writing so that the Blogger window will cover up the fuckton of progress bars on the Windows Update screen. If I am killing my illegitimate windows by downloading updates, I would prefer not to see it in progress.
I've decided to go full bore, just letting Windows download whatever it wants. I'm not quite sure if this is a good thing or not, as the dreaded "Service Pack 2" is coming down the pipe right now. I've read in a few places that windows doesn't work without a legit CD key if you install SP2. I've also heard from my Uncle John, whom I trust, that he has done the operation on several "non-kosher" versions of WinXP with no problems. I'm giving it a whirl right now. Hell, if worse comes to worse I'll just trash the whole damn thing and install Linux; at least Linux works.
As you can probably tell, I'm not actually aiming anyplace with this entry, or at least not anyplace any of you want to see. Truth be told, I'm just writing so that the Blogger window will cover up the fuckton of progress bars on the Windows Update screen. If I am killing my illegitimate windows by downloading updates, I would prefer not to see it in progress.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home