Prepare
I'm getting all revved up for this week's LAN.
I've got my computer in my dining room right now. At first the plan was to just sort of set it in here so that it would be easier to move out the door when Jared came to pick me up; but I figured that as long as I had all the parts in one place, and I had broadband internet within my reach, I might as well hook it in and load it up. I've got like a million things downloading in the background as I type this, mostly things like demos and patches, some music. This LAN is going to be a lot better than last week's. This time we actually plan to play games, not just sit around and talk about playing games. Last week we sort of woke up and realized we only had about two hours left before Jared had to go to work, then we gamed like crazy. They were a good two hours, but we plan to make sure tonight is more game-filled. Even though my computer doesn't exactly rock the house, I'm sure I'll be able to hold my own in the majority of tonight's events.
Levi said he was coming too, but he doesn't have a computer of gaming-quality. I guess he plans to spectate. I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but I'm not cutting down on the amount of fun I plan to have just because Levi will be sitting there doing nothing the entire time. Maybe he can join in on some of our less hardware demanding events by using the old busted computer in Jared's kitchen. Levi said that he would buy and bring some Red-Bull for us to drink; we need LAN-fuel, I'm sort of counting on Levi to come through and keep us gaming throughout the night and into tomorrow morning.
(~Five Minutes Pass~)
On second thought, I can rely on myself for the majority of my LAN fuel tonight. I just asked my mom (I know, I'm a bum. So sue me.) for some LAN money and she handed my a $20 check, made out to Reel-Time.
....
Shit.
They don't call themselves "Reel-Time" anymore. They're "Eastern Shore Treasures" now. Arg. This is going to be awkward. I'll have to have my mom void this check and make out a new one. Geez. I don't think she'll be happy about this. It's my bad, really. She said "Make it out to Reel Time?" I was just like, "Uh..Yeah." Gah. Here I go.
Yeah. She made me out another check. Jared's here. I'm off.
Levi said he was coming too, but he doesn't have a computer of gaming-quality. I guess he plans to spectate. I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but I'm not cutting down on the amount of fun I plan to have just because Levi will be sitting there doing nothing the entire time. Maybe he can join in on some of our less hardware demanding events by using the old busted computer in Jared's kitchen. Levi said that he would buy and bring some Red-Bull for us to drink; we need LAN-fuel, I'm sort of counting on Levi to come through and keep us gaming throughout the night and into tomorrow morning.
(~Five Minutes Pass~)
On second thought, I can rely on myself for the majority of my LAN fuel tonight. I just asked my mom (I know, I'm a bum. So sue me.) for some LAN money and she handed my a $20 check, made out to Reel-Time.
....
Shit.
They don't call themselves "Reel-Time" anymore. They're "Eastern Shore Treasures" now. Arg. This is going to be awkward. I'll have to have my mom void this check and make out a new one. Geez. I don't think she'll be happy about this. It's my bad, really. She said "Make it out to Reel Time?" I was just like, "Uh..Yeah." Gah. Here I go.
Yeah. She made me out another check. Jared's here. I'm off.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home