Thursday, August 26, 2004

Possibilities

I didn't post that sketch I made yesterday, my scanner was being retarded. It wouldn't work at all. I finally fixed the problem, but by the time I had the pictures scanned and ready to rock it was about eleven o'clock on a school night. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but on school days its best I go to sleep as early as I can. Not because people tell me to, because if I don't I'll drag ass all day at school the next day. I may end up like that today, I don't know. I'm in first period now, and I feel okay; but that doesn't mean I won't get tired later in the day. I only missed two hours of sleep, though, so I think I'll be okay.

My sudden pop of minor drawing ability got me interested enough to explore a little deeper, so I decided to go and look for some good-looking drawing tutorials online. I found a few, and after about an hour of using what I had learned (not trying to copy what I saw on the screen) I made an okay looking sketch of a girl's face. I scanned that too.

You can expect to see them both at panguan art when I get home and code up some spiffy web pages to put them on.

You know, my dad was an incredibly artist. I have no doubts that the man could have drawn a photograph if he had wanted to. He drew some really cool loking things in a sketchbook he left behind when he moved away. Maybe I'll scan then and give them their own section at panguan art.

Maybe he sucked at drawing when he was a kid too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home